Thank you for your interest in working with us! We’re excited that you’ve chosen us to build your dream home. Our process is proven to get your project off the ground as quickly as possible while meeting all of your needs and expectations. We’ll be here every step of the way from beginning to completion to make sure you have a full understanding of what’s happening with your home. The following is our proven process for delivering you your dream home at an affordable price.
The first step in our process is to meet with you to discuss your ideas and understand your needs. This is the time to bring your photos, floorplans, Pinterest boards and any other wish list ideas that you want to incorporate into your dream home. We will offer our own ideas, as well as address any questions or concerns you may have. Let’s take this opportunity to get to know each other, discuss pricing, and determine if we’re right for each other!
Once you’ve decided to move forward with us, we want to make sure you’re in the loop every step of the way. We will provide you with login credentials to our online portal “Buildertrend” where we keep track of your schedule; you can see progress photos, and submit new requests. You’ll also be able to view expenses and see when your payments are due. Have any questions or concerns during the project? Easily ask a question through the portal and we’ll get back to you right away.
We use Buildertrend to deliver the digital experiences you expect! 📱 This smart technology gives you real-time visibility into the status of your project, acts as one place for all communication and provides the ability to make selections, pay for your project and sign agreements. Buildertrend is in our corner – and yours! 💙 We’re also better because of Buildertrend. 💙 This smart software powers all our projects and gives you a better – and more digital – construction process. Other builders might rely on paper and pen or other dated systems. Cutting-edge tech makes us a cut above the rest. Finally, we build more than homes. We build customer relationships. And you can expect the best customer service from us because we’ve got smart tech in our toolbelt. One of our most powerful power tools is Buildertrend, the leading construction software. On track. On budget. On schedule. This is how our team can turn your dream home into a reality. 💙
As we get close to finishing up the project, we’ll meet with you once more to address any questions or concerns you may have. At this time we’ll discuss our warranty process for any issues that might arise with your home after we finish. By now, you’ll be ready to move into your dream home and begin making memories.
How to pick your builder
Per the National Association of Home Builder’s website:
• Contact your local home builders’ association for the names of member builders. (Louisville-area association is https://BIALouisville.com/). You can also ask family, friends, or co-workers for recommendations.
• Make sure the builder has a permanent business location and a good reputation with local banks and suppliers.
• Find out how long they have been in the building business. It usually takes three to five years to establish a financially sound business. You want to make sure they will be around after the construction is complete to service any warranties.
• Check out the company’s rating and if there have been any complaints filed with your local Better Business Bureau (Louisville-area bureau is https://www.bbb.org/us/ky/louisville)
• Make sure the builder has sufficient workers compensation and general liability insurance. If not, you may be liable for any construction-related accidents on your premises.
• Ask the builder to provide you with names of previous customers. If they won’t, beware. If they do, simply ask the customers “would you hire this builder again?”.
• Ask if you can see the builder’s work, both completed and in progress. Check for quality of workmanship and materials.
• Do you feel you can easily communicate with the builder? Remember you will be in close contact with them throughout the construction process and afterward as you live in your new home.
• Make sure the builder provides you with a complete and clearly written contract. The contract will benefit both of you. If you are having a new home built, review a copy of the home warranty.
• Be cautious of unusually low-priced bids. If the builder is unable to pay for the materials and labor as the project proceeds, this may indicate a potential problem. Keep in mind that less expensive does not necessarily mean better!